Tuesday 26 February 2013

Star Wars

Okay - now to my first major project.

Before I show you, I should point out I have never watched a Star Wars film in my life.  I took to Facebook to ask people for some inspiration and my friend Sarah, currently living in Turkey and working as a Teacher, suggested I crochet her a character from Star Wars.  She'd found a picture online and thought they were pretty cool.

I did a bit of Googling and this is where I stumbled across Lucy Ravenscar who had the patterns for sale - I opted to buy all of them.

You can buy the patterns from her Etsy shop here. They're £25 for the entire set but definitely well worth it!!

I've completed the whole set now.  The colours differ to the ones in the patterns, not through choice I just used the cheapest wool I could find and that's the closest colours I could match.

I also opted not to use safety eyes on every one - looking back I wish I had but the local shop I go to only had the orange ones so I only used them on a few of the dolls, the rest I just sewed black beads on for eyes.

You'll notice that Obi-Wan Kenobi looks different - all I did was followed the pattern and then used some snowflake wool that I had left over from Christmas and attached it loosely to his head.

I won't say much more here - I really do not deserve any credit for these.  I can only begin to imagine the time and effort that went into creating these patterns - they were so well written and I can't speak highly enough of them.

They all vary in size, but they are relative to eachother.  For example, Chewbacca is the tallest as his character in the films is tallest.  The finished products range from about 3 inches to 5 inches high.

Anyway, here's my finished articles.

Yoda

Princess Leia

Luke Skywalker

Jawa

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Chewbacca

R2D2

Admiral Ackbar

C3P0

Ewok

Boba Fett

Storm Trooper

Darth Vader

Han Solo

1 comment: