Saturday 13 April 2013

Fingerless mittens

In my Art of Crochet kit, I found a great pattern for some fingerless mittens.  I altered the pattern a bit as these had a thumb on them, but I didn't like the thumb.  If anything it made it easier.

The wrist was made using treble crochet, and the main part of the glove was made using the v stitch, increasing the number of stitches to shape the thumb and finishing off with a couple of rows of double crochet.

I got a bit complacent with the first glove and managed to miss a couple of stitches.

 
I bought a slightly better wool and started again and this time round, if I missed a stitch, I unpicked the whole piece of work until I got back to that stitch.  Sometimes I can get away with it, this pattern isn't very forgiving for sloppy work :)  Excuse the poor hand modelling, I'm waiting for a proper photo of the finished pair from their new owner.


No comments:

Post a Comment